10 Interesting Facts About Chocolate
Every Sunday I like to provide nutritional or lifestyle info to my members. This week..being Valentine's Day...I thought I would research interesting Facts about Chocolate!!
1) The Smell of chocolate increases Theta Brain Waves, which triggers relaxation!
2) White Chocolate isn't technically chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor
3) It takes approximately 400 cocao beans to make 1 pound of chocolate
4) The inventor of chocolate chip cookies sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate
5) M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting
6) The world's largest chocolate bar weighed 5,792kg
7) Eating Dark Chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third
8) A lethal dose of chocolate for a human being is 22lbs or 40 Hershey bars
9) German Chocolate Cake isn't German. It was named after Sam German, an American baker.
10) Nutrella was invented during World War 2 when an Italian pastry maker mixed hazelnuts into chocolate to extend his cocoa supply.